- Traveling 70 km in two ecosystems (Sinchicuy River Basin and Yanayacu River Basin), get to know the Amazon rainforest, its inhabitants, their customs and daily activities.
- Experience an encounter with the river, flora and fauna, the natural environment that the people of the Amazon depend on to live.
- Participate in our Project "Sow a tree".
- Hike, trekking (Included)
- Bird watching (Included)
- Boat Rides (Included)
- Iquitos: Reception in Airport or Hotel (if you are already in the city).
IQUITOS / AMAZONAS SINCHICUY LODGE
- Reception at the Iquitos airport or pick up from the hotel.
- During the tour you will be offered a brief orientation through the city of Iquitos, observing the main tourist places of this thriving and historical city of the Peruvian east that in the XIX century happened to become of small town to the most important fluvial port in the Amazon, acquiring a surprising cosmopolitan condition during the so-called "Rubber Rush".
- Transfer to the pier to start the boat trip to the Lodge. Sail along the largest river in the world, the Amazon River, aboard comfortable and safe boats.
- Visit to Fundo Pedrito, place located in the town of Barrio Florido. Here we can observe different species of flora and local fauna. It is in this place where you can see the paiche, the largest fish in the Amazon, as well as a breeding of lizards and piranhas.
- Arrival at Amazonas Sinchicuy Lodge, 45 minutes (downstream) of Iquitos. Our Lodge, built in the native style with natural materials, is surrounded by trees, plants and flowers, a real tropical garden on high ground, not flooded or "restinga", where varieties of birds and butterflies abound. Our staff will welcome you with a pleasant welcome drink made with local fruit (cocona, camu-camu, copoazú, etc.).
- A short explanation about the rules that govern the sustainability of the Lodge and its surroundings, allowing you to better understand the ways to make your stay and participation in ecotourism activities more rewarding. Accommodation according to the type of room selected.
- Lunch. The gastronomy in the Amazon Sinchicuy Lodge stands out because it involves natural and fresh products that produce the river and the "farm". Golden fish fillets (Brachyplatystoma flavicans) accompanied by cocona sauce, salads of regional vegetables, yucca, beans and fried plantains, a real delight that constitutes yet another attraction of the jungle.
- Ecocultural Circuit (Ecosystem of the Sinchicuy River Basin): Excursion on foot or by canoe, as the station permits, to "Nuevo Perú", where the Yagua ethnic community is established, whose ancestors were discovered by Francisco de Orellana in his first exploration of the Amazon in 1541. This visit will allow you to know their ancestral customs, appreciate their original clothing of palm fibers and even try marksmanship with the "pucuna" (blowgun) that the Yaguas used for centuries for hunting. Afterwards, you will undertake the ethnobotanical excursion. You can meet very specific species of the plant kingdom such as cat's claw, sour cane, copaiba, aguaje and even the so called "dead man's rope" or ayahuasca. Tour through the riverside farm of Santa Maria de Ojeal, where you will observe some of the productive activities developed by its inhabitants; fruit orchards, fish farm with native species, raising livestock. You will be able to interact with the residents while observing their typical homes, schools, church and shops; likewise he will appreciate the sustainability projects that the community has been developing through ecotourism.
- Night excursion - Amazonian legends: At night, the jungle and its inhabitants allow us to enjoy unique sounds and sensations. The guide will indicate the moment in which the excursion will begin in canoe or on foot that will take you to discover, stealthily and in the light of a lantern, the mysterious world of nocturnal insects, cicadas, spiders, praying mantis, etc. Also distinguish the songs of owls and "ayaymamas" that are interpreted as the language of fantastic beings in the local imagination.
- To end the evening, nothing more pleasant than enjoying an appetizing meal. The guide will explain the activities for the next day.
AMAZONAS SINCHICUY LODGE / FULL DAY YANAYACU / KINGDOM OF THE GIANT TREES
- 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. - Birdwatching: During the early hours of the morning it is the right time to observe many of the bird species that feed on the banks of the river or the plantations that are in the vicinity of the community.
- Breakfast. Fresh juices and fruit jams produced in the region (papaya, orange, melon, cocona) accompany hot dishes and drinks to start the morning.
- Then we will board the boat that will take us to the opposite end of the Amazon or as it is said in the regional language to the "huashalado". During this trip of approximately 40 minutes the boat will stop at a place on the river where it is usually possible to observe pink dolphins, due to its somewhat shy nature, it is necessary to have patience and be attentive to sight them, with an unforgettable photo will reward the effort.
- Upon reaching the community of Huashalado you can see plantations of cassava (manioc), banana, papaya and other typical products of riverside agriculture. You will notice that unlike the ecosystem of Sinchicuy the land here is mostly low and flooding during the growing season.
- The boat or canoe will follow the course of the Yanayacu River to explore this area rich in avian fauna, whose species include kingfishers, hawks, herons, etc. and finally after a time of travel through the dark waters of the Yanayacu River you will arrive at our hostel.
- Walk through the jungle that will take you to know the "Kingdom of Giant Trees". We will see some species of medicinal plants such as "sachajergón", "ojé", "pan de árbol" and the well-known "cat's claw" (Uncaria tomentosa). It is also possible to find bromeliads (epiphytic plants) that grow on top of the trees. But undoubtedly the one that causes the greatest admiration, among the trees is the "lupuna" (Ceiba pentandra) that can exceed 50 meters in height.
- Depending on the season (June - September) and the weather, we will visit the Laguna Yaguacocha, where it is possible to observe the most representative aquatic plant, the "Victoria Regia" and the hoatzín or "Shansho" (Opisthocomus hoatzin), a colorful species of bird that feeds on aquatic flora. This is an exciting hike in which your spirit of adventure will emerge and you will undoubtedly enjoy it.
- Return to the hostel.
- After stopping for lunch, we will do an entertaining fishing in the river using the native techniques that will allow you to capture piranhas, mojarras, smooth or some other ichthyological species that are considered a real delicacy in the ribereña kitchen. Return trip to the Amazon Sinchicuy Lodge.
- Upon arrival you will enjoy time to rest in the hammocks, in the gazebo or in the "Clavohuasca Bar", refreshing yourself with a nice frozen drink or experiencing different sensations with a fantastic regional aphrodisiac drink. You will also have canoes for a walk in the calm waters of the Sinchicuy River before nightfall.
- Dinner and overnight.
AMAZONAS SINCHICUY LODGE / IQUITOS
- After a fortifying breakfast, your guide will invite you to participate in the "Sow a Tree" Project in the reforestation area near the shelter.
- Then, we visited the "Rony" Craft Center to observe the artisanal extraction of the juice of the sugarcane. There you will also find the local naturist, great connoisseur of the secrets of nature and its application for the treatment of diseases of the body and spirit, who will explain to us about the wonderful properties and the use that some plants and roots have.
- Observation of some of the varieties of wild animals such as sloths, monkeys, achunis, macaws, toucans boas and lizards that are in semi-captivity.
- After our educational visit, we headed towards the Lodge for a refreshing lunch.
- At the appropriate time, we will take our boat to return to Iquitos, where a representative will be waiting for us to drive to our hotel or airport.
- End of service
- Transfer Airport or Hotel / Lodge / Airport or Hotel (land and river).
- 2 nights accommodation in the Amazon Sinchicuy Lodge.
- Complete feeding in the Lodge.
- Detailed excursions in itinerary.
- Guide in English or Spanish.
- >> Please check beforehand if you want guidance in other languages.
- Air tickets to / from Iquitos.
- Taxes at the airport.
- Drinks at the bar.
What to bring to the jungle? - We recommend the following:
- Lightweight long-sleeved cotton pants and shirts
- Bermuda shorts or thin shorts
- Cotton polo shirts or short sleeve shirts
- Sunblock, cap with visor or lightweight hat
- Camera and / or camcorder with rechargeable battery
- Mosquito repellent lotion or cream
- Lightweight poncho or waterproof jacket
- Slippers or comfortable walking boots
- Personal flashlight
- The tours described in the itinerary can be offered in Shared Mode (with more passengers in the group).
- The tours and activities carried out by this Operator have a low level of risk and difficulty and provide the necessary security.
- Any material loss or accident is under the responsibility of the client.
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather issues (rain, mudslides, overflows, etc), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the indicated reasons, does not apply return.
- In this case, the Operator could carry out a contingency plan with an alternative tour.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service in its entirety.
- If you decide to withdraw before the end of the service, no refund applies either.
- If you bring or buy snacks during the tours, preferably they are light (dried fruits, cookies and water).
- If you do not attend the service day, it will be considered "Done" without any Claims, Delays or Returns.
Lodge Amazonas Sinchicuy Lodge
- The Lodge is located in Quebrada de Sinchicuy, a tributary of the Amazon River, 45 minutes downstream (NE) of Iquitos and near the river community of Santa María de Ojeal.
- It retains a rustic style while still providing all the necessary amenities.
- It is the only Lodge in the Peruvian Amazon that has access for people in wheelchairs.
Land Privado (propio del Operador)
- We have modern units for your comfort and safety.
- Monitored vehicles with MTC circulation permit.
- Land and River Transport.
- Comfortable, safe and with all the permits and licenses in order.
Weekend in Pacaya Samiria - 3d / 2n - Loreto
Activities: Hike, trekking, Bird watching, Natural Areas Visits
Iquitos Package - Tres Ríos Amazonas, Nanay, Momon - 3d / 2n - Loreto
Activities: Natural Areas Visits, Boat Rides, Cultural visits
Iquitos Ribereño: Community Bora, Pilpintuwasi and F. Pedrito - Loreto
Activities: Flora, wildlife observation, Natural Areas Visits, Boat Rides