DescriptionAwaken your adventurous side in the Tambopata National Reserve, encourage yourself to explore its beautiful jungle and the thousands of beautiful species that inhabit it.
- Visit the largest macaw clay lick in the world, where you can see hundreds of different species.
- Appreciate the beauty of Sandoval Lake and sail its waters in a rowing boat.
- Discover your extreme side by doing Canopy at a height of 30 meters, from where you can enjoy the beautiful panoramic view of the dense rainforest.
- Natural Areas Visits (Included)
- Guided visits (Included)
- Puerto Maldonado: Reception in Airport or Terrestrial Terminal.
Monte Amazónico Lodge
- Reception at the airport or land terminal and transfer to the Monte Amazónico office for the corresponding records. In the case that you have large suitcases, we suggest you pack and carry only what is necessary.
- Transfer by land (4X4) to our destination for approximately 2 hours until we reach the banks of the Tambopata River. In this place we will take a boat to the Lodge "Monte amazónico - Tambopata". Welcome and delivery of rooms, lunch.
- In the afternoon, we will make an introductory walk to the tropical jungle where we will have the opportunity to see animals in their natural habitat such as amphibians, mammals, reptiles and wonderful insects, among others.
Collpa Chuncho - Island of the Monkeys
- We woke up very early, at 4:30, to leave for the largest collpa of macaws in the world, the COLLPA CHUNCHO, on a trip of approximately 1:30 hours, by boat, on the way we will have the incredible opportunity to see some species as ronsocos, which are the largest rodents in the world, sachavacas, and you can even see the most beautiful South American feline, the jaguar, many of our customers are witnesses with photographic evidence of encounters with these beautiful mammals.
- Once we arrive at the macaw clay lick, we will see hundreds of parrots of different species that come to eat clay from the wall adjacent to the river. We will settle in our saddles to wait for one of the most beautiful natural bird shows in the world to begin. The parrots are followed by the 3 most colorful species of macaws in America, the reds and greens, plus the blue and yellow macaws come together to eat necessary clay in their daily diet and eliminate toxins. On a good day of activity you will see hundreds of these wonderful animals flying over you. An experience for life
- After a good breakfast, our boat will take us to the transport back to Puerto Maldonado and transfer for 1 hour by boat to the lodge and installation in their respective rooms.
- After lunch, we will visit the "island of the monkeys ", located in front of our lodge crossing the Madre de Dios River where we will find different species such as the monkey monk capuchin monkeys that live on the island and return to the lodge.
- At night we will go in search of white alligators that are usually found on sand banks, in the Madre de Dios river for which it will be necessary to bring a flashlight. Also, we can see the capybara the largest rodent in the world that can weigh 60 kilos, return to the lodge, dinner and rest.
- After breakfast we will walk 3 km. In the middle of the dense rainforest and we will go to the Sandoval Lake (habitat of piranhas) one of the largest of the Tambopata National Reserve and we will ride by rowing boat where we will appreciate a great variety of birds and monkeys of different species, (shansho, cormorant, jacanas, puma heron, buzzards, cotomono, monkey monk, black machin, pichicos and sloths). Maybe we will have a meeting with the giant otter family (almost two meters long) that is in danger of extinction and the largest registered alligators over 4 meters long, return to the lodge to enjoy the typical lunch.
- At night we will have a walk where we can appreciate the diversity of insect species, amphibians, reptiles and other nocturnal animals.
- Dinner and rest
5.30am in the morning we will take a short walk through the Canopy walk-way, over 30 meters high, which will allow us to appreciate nature from the highest possible, we will also have a panoramic view of the Madre de Dios River. From the platforms we will observe different species of birds, such as toucans, macaws, tanagers, orioles, it will be a wonderful experience.
Breakfast and return to the city, transfer to the airport and / or bus station.
- Transportation Airport - Lodge - Airport
- 3 nights accommodation.
- Bilingual tourist guide (Spanish / English).
- Food (Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner)
- Consumption of bar (alcoholic beverages)
- Entrance to the Tambopata National Reserve $ 24.00 dollars
- It is recommended to bring: Repellent, flashlight, binoculars, personal utensils, sunscreen, hiking shoes, shirts and long pants.
- The tours and trips made by this Operator have a low level of risk and difficulty and provide the necessary security.
- Any material loss or accident is under the responsibility of the client.
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather issues (rain, mudslides, overflows, etc.), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the indicated reasons, does not apply return.
- In this case, the Operator could carry out a contingency plan with an alternative tour.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service in its entirety.
- If you decide to withdraw before the end of the service, there will be no refund for it.
- If you bring or buy snacks, preferably light (dry fruits, cookies and water).