S/. 325USD 91
Ascent to Misti Volcano - Arequipa
2 days and 1 nights
96 hours antes del viaje
Spanish / English
Minimum of Passengers
Ascent to Misti Volcano - Arequipa
The Misti volcano is the most popular symbol of the city of Arequipa. To talk about this volcano is to talk about Arequipeños and its rich history.
- Thanks to this volcano and its acid eruptions (ashes), the city of Arequipa currently has one of the richest lands for agricultural activity.
- At its foot are rich valleys, such as Chilina, inhabited since before the arrival of the Spaniards in the year 1540.
- The characteristics of the region facilitate the ascent to the Misti volcano and gives us the opportunity to practice the climbing, which allows us to enjoy an incomparable experience, which combined with the fascinating process of ascending the mountain and the fascinating view of the Arequipa city from the top of Misti Volcano will become a unique experience.
- Arequipa: Pick up from your hotel.
- Whenever it is in the center of the city and prior coordination with the Operator.
- For places outside these limits, you must coordinate with the Operator the feasibility of your pick-up or Meeting Point or additional Cost.
AREQUIPA - MISTI BASIC CAMP
- 8:15 am Pick up at hotel.
- We traveled 2 hours in a four-wheel drive vehicle to the base of the volcano. We reach the western part of the base of the Misti volcano.
- 10:15 am Arrive at "Los Pastores" (3,400 masl), the maximum point of our four-wheel drive. The ascent begins from 6 to 8 hours for the base camp "Nido de Águilas" (4,750 masl).
- It is a hard day at work while we walk along the sandy and slippery path. You need to be in good physical condition and acclimatize to the altitude.
- 4:30 pm. Hour approx. Arrival at our base camp.
- Dinner, put to our stores and rest.
MISTI BASIC CAMP - SUMMIT OF THE MISTI VOLCANO - AREQUIPA
- 3:00 a.m. After breakfast, we begin to climb to the summit of the volcano. After four to six hours, we enter the snow zone, depending on the season.
- We will enroll our climbing team (crampons + ice ax - Only for the snowy season). We will carry only what is needed for cold wind conditions: Something to drink, some energy food, a first aid kit and our mountain equipment.
- The ascent time will depend on the physical condition and the air conditioning of each climber.
- This day we have to follow a vertical ascent, to reach the cross at the top (5,822 meters above sea level). If time permits we will descend to the mayor crater, from where it is possible to observe the volcanic activity or a short walk at the top and around the largest crater of this volcano.
- There is time for photos and enjoy the landscape of the highest mountains of the volcanic chain.
- 2:30 pm. We will be back in the Base Camp.
- Lunch and then to pack the camp and descend to find our transport that awaits us at the base of the volcano.
- 3:00 pm. Return to Arequipa.
- Arrival to Arequipa.
- End of service
- Mountain guide (bilingual: Spanish / English).
- Private Tourist Transportation (4x4).
- Camping equipment Tents, Matras, Sleeping Bag.
- Mountain equipment, jacket, pants, gloves, cap.
- Kitchen equipment.
- Meals in the mountains (1 hot dinner + 1 hot breakfast).
- First aid kit.
- Trekking shoes / boots.
- 60 liter backpack
- Thick clothes, Cap.
- Water 5 liters.
- Lunch, Nuts, Snacks.
- Climbing, mountaineering (incluida)
- Hike, trekking (incluida)
- Cultural visits (incluida)
- Guided visits (incluida)
- To enjoy the tour to the fullest, a PREVIOUS ACLIMATATION is suggested, arriving in Arequipa 1 to 2 days before.
- It is entirely at the discretion and responsibility of the traveler, if you decide to take the tour the same day you arrive in Arequipa.
- Also, considering that it is an area of natural height, it is recommended to take pills for the soroche (altitude sickness). The mates and infusions (ideal of Coca Leaves) in personal terms, are a very good option.
- Travelers must have experience in adventure sports, especially in Ascent Walks, since this route has Medium difficulty and scales over 5,850 meters above sea level reaching 6,100 meters above sea level
- In the case of the backpack it is recommended 60 liters, to carry all your equipment that weighs an average of 12 kilos.
- Service can be provided in Shared Mode (with more passengers in the group).
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather conditions (rains, huaycos, overflows, etc.), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the reasons indicated, no refund applies.
- In that case, the Operator could carry out a contingency plan with an alternative tour.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service as a whole.
- If you decide to withdraw before the end of the service, no refund applies.
- If you take or buy snacks during the tours, preferably they are light (dried fruits, cookies and water).
- If you do not attend the day of the service, it will be considered as "Done" with no place for Claims, Postponements or Returns.
otroCampamento Base Nido de Águilas (4750 msnm)
- Base camp "Nest of Eagles" (4,750 meters above sea level).
- It reaches that height and we start to build our tents.
S/. 325USD 91