DescriptionWhy booking with us?
- To have unforgettable memories from your trip to Peru. In this experience you will have the opportunity to learn in a hand on way 3 typical food: "Ceviche", "Causa" and "Lomo Saltado" in a cosy environment, as is my home, in the tourist district of Miraflores. You will discover why Peruvian cuisine inspires us and creates a space of union and pride among us.
- As part of the experience, we will visit the market together, where you will learn about fruits, vegetables and spices that are the soul of our kitchen.
- At the end of the class, you will become an ambassador of Peruvian cuisine, and you’ll be able to prepare a full meal at home.
- My name is Lucia. I’am a chef and also I’am an administrator by profession. I’am passionate about food and travel and have always loved food: to eat it, make it and learn from it! I have lived for years in the peruvian highlands, where I have met many new ingredients. I have traveled for more than 50 countries in the world, learning a little more about differents cultures and their food.
- ¡I love Peru and i´ts cuisine, and I want to share it with you!
- Other drinks tasting (Included)
- Gastronomy (Included)
- Guided visits (Included)
- Mercado Nro. 1 Surquillo: Lucia, the chef, will be waiting at the starting point of the tour. (Not included transportation)
- References of the place: Between "Paseo de la Republica" with "Av. Ricardo Palma" . 1 block from the corner of "Paseo de la Republica" Avenue and "Ricardo Palma" Avenue
- Departures: Monday to Saturday
Peruvian cooking classes in a chef´s home
- 10:00 am Meeting and greeting by the chef at the main door of Market Nro. 1 Surquillo. In this place yo will see the typical peruvian fruits and spices.
- 10:50 am Departure to the chef ́s home. On the way you will see the surroundings of the district of Miraflores.
- 11:00 am The class begins with the preparation of Causa and Ceviche while tasting a delicious Chilcano (Pisco-based drink). All participants will have their own dish and ingredients.
- Unlimited non alcoholic drink will be served.
- 11:45 am Time to eat the dishes prepared by each participant.
- 12:15 am Demonstration and preparation of the Lomo Saltado.
- 12:30 am You will share the table with the chef and enjoy an exquisite lunch prepared by yourself, in a cheerful and homelike atmosphere. You will also learn about our history, culture, culinary identity and of course, our regions, all of this from the perspective of a person who has traveled and lived in them.
- 13:30 pm End of services
- Guided in English / Spanish
- Market´s visit with the chef
- Cooking class: Ceviche, Causa, Lomo Saltado in the chef's house.
- Tasting of exotic Peruvian fruits.
- Small groups
- Unlimited drinks (with/without alcohol).
- Wifi available
- Transportation from/to the hotel
- Languages in which the event is available: English and spanish.
- Option: Vegetarian
- Maximum number of attendees to the event: 5 adults.
- Children under 6 years do not pay. Between ages 7 and 12 will pay half the rate.
- Maximum number of children's attending: 2 (this doesn't affect the number of adults).
- The event described in the itinerary are offered in Shared Service.
- Accesible for people in wheelchairs
- Detail allergies of each member (Nuts, Dairy, Seafood, etc)
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather issues (rain, mudslides, overflows, etc), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the indicated reasons, does not apply return.
- In this case, the Operator could carry out a contingency plan with an alternative tour.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service in its entirety.
- If you decide to withdraw before the end of the service, there will be no refund for it.
- If you do not attend the service day, it will be considered "Done" without any Claims, Delays or Return
Full Day Churín: Mamahuarmi, Baños de Tingo and more - Lima
Activities: Guided visits, Water activities, Hike, trekking, Natural Areas Visits
Bohemian & Colorful Lima: Barranco and Callao City Tour - Lima
Activities: Guided visits, Cultural visits, Museums, monuments
Full Day Caral - Lima
Activities: Guided visits, Cultural visits, Historical visits, Archaeological visits