WHAT YOU ́LL DO
In this experience you will discover why Peruvian cuisine inspires us and creates a space of union and pride among us.
As part of the experience, we will visit the market together, where you will learn about fruits, vegetables and spices that are the soul of our kitchen. Then I will take you to my home, located in the tourist district of Miraflores.
You ́ll learn about the mountains of Peru, its culinary techniques and we will discover in a hands on way the ingredients that we use since Inca ́s time.
At the end of the class, you will become an ambassador of Peruvian cuisine, and you’ll be able to prepare a full meal at home.
This experience is a great gift for anyone who loves cooking ... or just enjoy eating!
My name is Lucia. I’am a chef and also I’am an administrator by profession. I’am passionate about food and travel and have always loved food: to eat it, make it
and learn from it! I have lived for years in the peruvian highlands, where I have met many new ingredients. I have traveled for more than 50 countries in the world,
learning a little more about differents cultures and their food.
¡I love Peru and i´ts cuisine, and I want to share it with you!
- Other drinks tasting (Included)
- Gastronomy (Included)
- Guided visits (Included)
- Mercado Nro. 1 Surquillo: Lucia, the chef, will be waiting at the starting point of the tour. (Not included transportation)
- References of the place: Between "Paseo de la Republica" with "Av. Ricardo Palma" . 1 block from the corner of "Paseo de la Republica" Avenue and "Ricardo Palma" Avenue
- Departures: Monday to Saturday
Discover Andean Cuisine - From the market to the kitchen : Trout ́s Ceviche, Andean tubers in Huancaina ́s sauce, Quinoa “Chaufa”
10:00 am Meeting and greeting by the chef at the main door of Market Nro. 1 Surquillo. In this place you will see the typical peruvian fruits and spices.
10:40 am Departure to the chef ́s home. On the way you will see the surroundings of the district of Miraflores.
11:15 am The class begins with the preparation of Trout ́s Ceviche and Andean tubers in “Huancaina” sauce while tasting a delicious Chilcano (Pisco-based drink). All participants will have their own dish and ingredients. Unlimited non alcoholic drink will be served.
11:45 am Time to eat the dishes prepared by each participant.
12:30 pm Demonstration and preparation of the Quinoa “Chaufa”.
12:45 pm You will share the table with the chef and enjoy an exquisite lunch prepared by yourself, in a cheerful and homelike atmosphere. You will also learn about our history, culture,
culinary identity and of course, our regions, all of this from the perspective of a person who has traveled and lived in them.
01:30 pm End of services
- Guided in English / Spanish
- Market´s visit with the chef
- Cooking class: Trout ́s Ceviche, Andean tubers in Huancaina ́s sauce, Quinoa “Chaufa” in the chef's house.
- Tasting of exotic Peruvian fruits.
- Small groups
- Unlimited drinks (with/without alcohol).
- Wifi available
Transportation from/to the hotel
- Languages in which the event is available: English and spanish.
- Option: Vegetarian
- Maximum number of attendees to the event: 5 adults.
- Children under 6 years do not pay. Between ages 7 and 12 will pay half the rate.
- Maximum number of children's attending: 2 (this doesn't affect the number of adults).The event described in the itinerary are offered in Shared Service.
- Accesible for people in wheelchairs
- Detail allergies of each member (Nuts, Dairy, Seafood, etc)
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather issues (rain, mudslides, overflows, etc), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the indicated reasons, does not apply return.
- In this case, the Operator could carry out a contingency plan with an alternative tour.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service in its entirety.
- If you decide to withdraw before the end of the service, there will be no refund for it.
- If you do not attend the service day, it will be considered "Done" without any Claims, Delays or Return
Pachacamac- Tourism in Cuatrimoto by Valle y Lomas - Lima
Activities: ATV, Routes in other vehicles, Guided visits
Lunahuana 2d / 1n - Daily Departures (From Lima) - Lima
Activities: Guided visits, Cultural visits, Rafting, ATV
Full Day- Caral and Vichama & the Agricultural City - Lima
Activities: Archaeological visits, Cultural visits, Guided visits, Historical visits
Wonderful Lima: Historic, Colonial and Modern City Tour - Lima
Activities: Guided visits, Cultural visits, Historical visits, Museums, monuments