DescriptionLake Titicaca is the highest navigable lake in the world and home to the floating islands of the Uros handmade.
- Here, the local population maintains its traditional style using the flora of the lake for houses and boats, living in peace in the middle of the great lake.
- We will travel to Lake Titicaca and see the beauty of its waters and the natural islands.
- We will visit the local communities and get to know their traditions, while we enjoy boat trips through this incredible place.
- Natural Areas Visits (Included)
- Boat Rides (Included)
- Cultural visits (Included)
- Puno: Reception and transfer from the bus station to the hotel.
Arrival in Puno
- Pick up from the bus station and transfer to the hotel in Puno.
- After registering at the hotel, you will have the morning free to make purchases in the city.
- Sillustani: On a 4-hour tour you will appreciate the magnificent pre-Inca ruin of Sillustani, a configuration of an ancient necropolis.
- This sacred place is known as "the passage from life to death" and was built by the Aymara culture "Collas", which was later conquered by the Incas.
- These tombs show a complex construction and are surrounded by impressive flora and fauna, among them the vizcacha, the wild animal of the place.
- Night in Puno.
Puno - Uros - Amantani
- 7:30 am - Pick up from the hotel.
- We moved to the port of Lake Titicaca, where we boarded the boat for our adventure on Lake Titicaca.
- On the way our guide will explain some important points of the lake. After 30 minutes we arrive at the floating islands of the Uros.
- Here we will stop on an island, visit its inhabitants and learn about the customs of these communities that live for years in the highlands.
- We can take a raft made of totora and walk a bit in the lake. Later we will return to the boat and continue our trip to the island of Amantaní.
- This boat trip lasts approximately 3 hours. Upon our arrival we will be welcomed by groups of islanders who will offer us lodging in their humble homes.
- The afternoon is free to explore on our own or just to share the afternoon with the family and their children.
- Shortly before sundown, our guide will invite us to take a short walk to a small hill known as "Pachatata", where an archaeological site built by the ancient cultures that inhabited the island a long time ago is located.
- From this point, we can also appreciate a beautiful sunset. Let's not forget to take our camera.
- Then we will descend to our houses and have dinner sharing with the family.
- Later we will attend a folk festival, where we can dance with local people, typical dances of the area.
- Previously, being in our homes, our family will give us typical clothes to attend the party.
- The women are dressed in very colorful long skirts, beautiful blouses with hand embroidery and a black veil. The men are given a very long poncho and a chuyo (wool cap typical of the Andes).
- Once ready, we will go to the party, in which we will also meet many other tourists.
- The party lasts a couple of hours or so.
- Overnight with the local family.
Amantani - Taquile - Puno
- After breakfast, we will say goodbye to our family and descend to the pier to continue our visit to Taquile Island. The trip will last approximately 1 hour.
- Taquile is a huge island that is characterized by its beautiful fabrics. Here visitors can see how the people of the island make ponchos, belts, gloves and other typical high Andean garments, all hand-made.
- To be able to reach the top of the island, we will have to walk along a beautiful path that slopes a bit, offering spectacular views of the lake.
- Here we advise you to walk slowly and take it easy, as you are walking at 3,800 meters above sea level
- After approximately 45 minutes we will arrive to the center of Taquile, where we can rest and visit a small museum of the site, which shows, through photos, important aspects of the life of the people of Taquile.
- Our group will have lunch in a typical restaurant around the plaza. Then we will have free time to visit the weaving workshops and take pictures with the islanders.
- Later we will descend to the pier and start our return trip to Puno, arriving at the city at approximately 5:00 p.m.
- Transfer to your hotel in Puno
- Night in Puno.
Departure from Puno
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- At coordinated time: Transfer to the Puno bus station.
- End of service
- Transfer from the bus station (arrival and return).
- Visit Uros, Amantani and Taquile islands.
- Visit to Sillustani.
- Lunch in Taquile.
- 1 night in a family house in Amantani.
- 2 hotel nights in Puno.
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish / English).
- Transfer from the Juliaca airport.
- Air ticket, bus ticket.
- Meals not specified in the itinerary.
- CHILDREN: From 0 to 3 years old, they do not pay (except ticket costs, if applicable). They share seat and service with parents and / or accompanying adults. From 4 years old, they pay full rate.
- Tours in itinerary are offered in Shared (with more passengers in the group).
- The tours and activities carried out by this Operator have a low level of risk and difficulty and provide the necessary security.
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather issues (rain, mudslides, overflows, etc), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for it, does not apply return.
- In this case, the Operator could carry out a contingency plan with an alternative tour.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service in its entirety.
- If you decide to withdraw before the end of the service, no refund applies either.
- If you bring or buy snacks during the tours, preferably they are light (dried fruits, cookies and water).
- If you do not attend the service day, it will be considered "Done" without any Claims, Delays or Returns.
Hostal 3 star Tayka Hostel (Puno) // Casa de familia local (Amantani)
- The Tayka Hostel offers a fully equipped shared kitchen, games room, business center, Wi-Fi and 24-hour reception. The main square of Puno is just 100 meters away and an hour's drive from Juliaca Airport. It has rooms with private bathroom and also some with shared bathroom and room service. It offers laundry service and bicycle rental.
- The accommodation in the aforementioned establishment is subject to the availability of rooms for the date of your trip. Otherwise, you will be lodged in a similar category and service.
Shared Tour to the Uros, Taquile and Amantani - 2d / 1n. - Puno
Activities: Hike, trekking, Purchase of handicrafts
Cultural Tour to the Floating Islands of the Uros - Puno
Activities: Bird watching, Flora, wildlife observation, Cultural visits
Aymara Route - Tiahuanaco - Full Day + Hotel - Puno
Activities: Museums, monuments, Cultural visits, Guided visits
Uros and Taquile in Catamaran + Lunch - Puno
Activities: Natural Areas Visits, Boat Rides, Guided visits