DescriptionOne of the best destinations to visit is the Salinas and Aguada Blanca National Reserve, appreciated and cared for by locals and tourists.
- It has an extreme biodiversity and provides environmental services to more than one million people in the country.
- Its beauty also places it as an important destination near the "White City."
- An ecosystem of international importance as it hosts a wide variety of wildlife among which native and migratory birds, South American camelids, a diverse high Andean flora and especially a spectacular view of the Salinas lagoon and the great mountains that surround it such as the Ubinas volcano and the Pichu Pichu.
- Flora, wildlife observation (Included)
- Natural Areas Visits (Included)
- Guided visits (Included)
- Arequipa: Pick up from your hotel.
- Whenever it is in the center of the city and prior coordination with the Operator.
- For places outside these limits, you must coordinate with the Operator the feasibility of your pick-up or Meeting Point or additional Cost.
TOUR LAGUNA DE SALINAS AND NATIONAL RESERVE OF SALINAS AND AGUADA BLANCA
- 7:00 am Pick up from hotels.
- We begin our journey to the Laguna de Salinas at 4,300 meters above sea level between the Misti, Ubinas and Pichupichu volcanoes. It is located within the Aguada Blanca and Salinas National Reserve and is therefore a protected place.
- The Ubinas is a volcano that during the last years is in a process of moderate eruption.
- Throughout the year we can see vicunas (one of the species of South American camelids) and sometimes llamas and alpacas. We can also observe the vizcacha (rabbit of the Andes) and if we are lucky we can see some Andean foxes. We can also observe a plant that only grows to more than 4000 meters high that is called yareta (compact azorella).
- Here we can see the three different species of flamingos, this can be seen only in this lagoon and not in another part of the world; to be more specific, this does not happen even in the most famous "flamingos lake" in Africa (Nakuru and Naivasha, in Kenya) since here only two species can be observed.
- The 3 existing species in the saline lagoon are:
- Phenicopteras chilensis (Chilean flamingo).
- Andean Phenicoparras (large Andean parihuana).
- Phenicoparras jamesi (Andean parihuana girl).
- Then we will visit the town of Tambos de Sal where we can observe the artisanal exploitation of salt.
- If there is not much water we can cross the lagoon with our 4x4.
- Upon returning from Laguna de Salinas to Arequipa, we can visit the typical town of Chiguata.
- On the way we will take many photos of the Misti volcano.
- 4:00 pm Arrival to the city of Arequipa (time approx).
- Pick up from hotel.
- Round trip tourist transport.
- Permanent Assistance
- Professional bilingual guide (English - Spanish). which is usually the same driver
- Snacks and / or drinks.
- Gifts, souvenirs.
- Tips for service (optional, voluntary).
What to wear
- Warm clothes because it is cold on the way.
- Shoes suitable for short walks.
- Small backpack.
- Sun block, sunglasses, hat.
- Water bottle.
- Any material loss or accident is the responsibility of the client.
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather conditions (rains, huaycos, overflows, etc.), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the reasons indicated, no refund applies.
- If you decide to leave before the end of the service, there will be no refund for it.
- If you do not attend the day of service, there will be no place for Claims, Postponements or Returns.
- Seats in transfer mobility are not reserved, they are taken according to the order of arrival.
Combined City Tour in Arequipa - Arequipa
Activities: Museums, monuments, Cultural visits, Guided visits
City Tour - Arequipa Vivencial - Arequipa
Activities: Cultural visits, Guided visits, Historical visits
Magical Colca at your Reach - 2d / 1n - Arequipa
Activities: Zipline, Purchase of handicrafts, Thermalism
Sanctuary of Chapi + Laguna de Uzuña (Virgin of Chapi) - Arequipa
Activities: Natural Areas Visits, Guided visits
Majes Valley: Vineyards and Shrimp - Arequipa
Activities: Hike, trekking, Archaeological visits, Guided visits