S/. 55USD 16
Sillar Route - Half Day
24 hours antes del viaje
Spanish / English
Minimum of Passengers
Sillar Route - Half Day
- We will tour the quarries of volcanic stone, transporting us to the origins and the way in which the historic center of the city of Arequipa was built.
- We will know the enigmatic creek of Culebrillas, imposing virgin quarry in a narrow path formed by the erosion of water and wind through time.
- In addition to experiencing sensations of majesty and mystery, we can find petroglyphs.
- We will also visit quarries in current exploitation and we will observe live the ancestral process of extraction of major blocks and styling of the ashlar that the quarries perform with simple tools such as the barre, the rope and the chisel.
- We will be surprised to see how hardworking teachers carve the front of the Church of the Society of Jesus in a cliff, demonstrating unique skill and dexterity.
- Arequipa: Pick up from your hotel.
- Whenever it is in the center of the city and prior coordination with the Operator.
- For places outside these limits, you must coordinate with the Operator the feasibility of your pick-up or Meeting Point or additional Cost.
AREQUIPA ROUTE OF THE SILLAR AREQUIPA
- We pick you up from the hotels that are located in the center of Arequipa.
- We begin our journey towards the Sillar Route which is a tourist tour with a lot of history and live culture, where quarries and areas where the sillar originated are visited.
- Before arriving at the first quarry, we will make a brief tourist stop in the main square of the Caymaen district where we can take pictures in its square and with the Church of the place. In the background the wonderful Misti.
- Another mandatory point of visit is a small viewpoint where we will have a spectacular view of the three volcanoes that we have in Arequipa: Misti, Chachani and Pichupichu, this viewpoint is located in the Cerro Colorado district.
- The first point we will stop at will be the Añashuayco Quarry; which we will arrive in 45 minutes approx. It is currently in operation, the stonecutters carry out their work very early; in the place we will be able to appreciate an immense canyon with cliffs (walls of ignimbrita) that are several meters high, formed by the extraction for the formation of the Sillares. At this point we will tell you the history of the ashlar, the elaboration and the use that has always been given to it. In this quarry you can see a Mega Detail of the Church of the Society of Jesus made by the stonecutters themselves. We can also visit some of them so they can explain to us what their daily work is like and make us experiment by cutting one of their stone blocks ourselves.
- Then we will move to the Quebrada de Culebrillas, which is 30 minutes away from Añashuayco. Arriving at this point we will make a walk of approximately 20 minutes inside the small canyon that was formed by the passage of water, which has walls of 15 to 20 meters, while we enter it the walls of the canyon are increasing in height.
- At the end of the walk we can see petroglyphs made by the Wari culture over a thousand years ago. Before returning to the city we will observe the Apachetas that are stone formations placed one on top of the other that are a symbol of gratitude towards nature and also attraction of good luck which cause a mystical sensation.
- We will start the return trip to the city of Arequipa until we reach the city center.
- Tourist transport.
- Water bottle.
- Snacks and / or drinks during the tours.
- Gifts, souvenirs.
- Tips for service (optional, voluntary).
- Cultural visits (incluida)
- Guided visits (incluida)
- Historical visits (incluida)
What to wear
- Clothing suitable for walks.
- Bring accessories to protect yourself from the sun, glasses, hat, a sweater, jacket. in the afternoon.
- Comfortable hiking shoes (do not wear boots or shoes with a smooth sole) to prevent falls or injuries to the feet.
- Sun block, camera, bottled water, snack.
- Bag to store waste (garbage), so we take care of the environment and the place we visit
- Any material loss or accident is the responsibility of the client .
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather conditions (rains, huaycos, overflows, etc.), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the reasons indicated, no refund applies.
- If you decide to leave before the end of the service, there will be no refund for it.
- If you do not attend the day of service, there is no place for Claims, Postponements or Returns.
- Seats in transfer mobility are not reserved, they are taken according to the order of arrival.
S/. 55USD 16