DescriptionIt is the place where the white stone is extracted with which the emblematic buildings of Arequipa continue to be made.
- The quarries create a unique landscape thanks to its giant carvings.
- We will also enjoy the stories of the master stonemasons themselves.
- Visit to the emblematic viewpoints of the city: Carmen Alto and Yanahuara.
- Museums, monuments (Included)
- Cultural visits (Included)
- Guided visits (Included)
- Arequipa: Downtown.
- Confirm the exact address with the Operator, after your purchase.
Route of the ashlar and viewpoints
- According to the chosen shift - Meeting at the meeting point.
- Departure to the District of Cerro Colorado, transfer to Las Canteras de Añashuayco, where the combination of natural landscape and living culture offers the visitor a unique experience.
- We will appreciate the huge cliffs of up to 30 m. of height carved "to combo and chisel", colonial facades or carvings, finding the workshops of interpretation of the carved of sillar directed by stonemasons.
- At the visit you can hear the voice of the master stonemason, now known as "cutters", whose ages fluctuate between 21 and 80 years.
- We will appreciate falls of bigger blocks and the wonderful experience of seeing small blocks of sillar made with ancestral instruments used from generation to generation.
- To return to the city we will visit the traditional and unforgettable viewpoints of Arequipa, Mirador de Carmen Alto, from where we appreciate the Chilina valley and our 3 volcanoes, Chachani, Misti and Pichupichu. In the viewpoint you can make ziplinning or zip line (optional).
- The second viewpoint is in the traditional district Yanahuara In this viewpoint we can taste the famous ice cream cheese and buy handmade souvenirs in the square.
- Return to the point of departure.
- End of service
- Tourist transport.
- Guide (in Spanish).
- Entrance to the Quarries.
- Snacks and other drinks during the tour.
- Gifts, souvenirs.
- Tips for service.
- Tour is offered in Shared Service.
- It is recommended to bring sun block, hat and sunglasses.
- The tours and activities carried out by this Operator have a low level of risk and difficulty and provide the necessary security.
- Any material loss or accident is under the responsibility of the client.
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather issues (rain, mudslides, overflows, etc), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the indicated reasons, does not apply return.
- In this case, the Operator could carry out a contingency plan with an alternative tour.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service in its entirety.
- If you decide to withdraw before the end of the service, there will be no refund for it.
- If you bring or buy snacks during the tours, preferably they are light (dried fruits, cookies and water).
- If you do not attend the service day, it will be considered "Done" without any Claims, Delays or Returns.
- The seats in the transfer mobiles during the tours are not reserved, they are taken according to the order of arrival.
Full Day Colca Canyon + Buffet Lunch - Arequipa
Activities: Natural Areas Visits, Cultural visits, Guided visits
Tour Campiña - Half Day - Arequipa
Activities: Flora, wildlife observation, Cultural visits, Guided visits
Arequipa Unforgettable: Sillar Route + Rafting - 3d / 2n - Arequipa
Activities: Rafting, Flora, wildlife observation, Guided visits
Arequipa Classic Full - 4d / 3n - Arequipa
Activities: Turistic bus, panoramic, Bird watching, Natural Areas Visits