DescriptionThe cemetery of Chauchilla is a pre-Inca necropolis. Some sources relate it with the old Wari Culture and others with the Nazca Culture.
- Both cultures flourished in the zone between century II a. C. to century IX of our era.
- In the cemetery we can see remains of the ancient civilization, as well as fragments of ceramics, textiles and mummies.
- Cultural visits (Included)
- Guided visits (Included)
- Nasca: Pick up at hotel.
Chauchilla Cemetery Tour
- At the assigned time our guide will pick you up from your hotel to start the tour to the cemetery of Chauchilla.
- This pre-Inca necropolis is located at 27 km. south of Nasca.
- Once in Chauchilla, we will see 12 original tombs and mummies in good condition due to the arid climate and the rigorous process of mummification practiced by the ancient inhabitants.
- In the same place, we will visit a small museum that houses 2 mummies in better state and some remains.
- Afterwards we will return to the city of Nasca to visit a ceramic workshop where we will know how the ancient civilizations elaborated their ceramics and what purpose they had.
- At the end of the tour you will be transferred to your hotel.
- End of service.
- Private mobility.
- Professional bilingual guide (English / Spanish).
- Pick up from your hotel.
- Tour to Chauchilla Cemetery.
- Transfer to your hotel at the end of the tour.
- Tickets - S / .8.00 per person.
- Food and drink.
- Snacks and / or Box Lunch during the tours.
- Personal purchases (souvenirs, gifts).
- Tips for service (optional, voluntary).
- Other expenses not mentioned.
- The tours described in the itinerary can be provided in Shared Mode.
- The tours and activities carried out by this Operator have a low level of risk and difficulty and provide the necessary security.
- Any material loss or accident is under the responsibility of the client.
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather issues (rain, mudslides, overflows, etc.), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the indicated reasons, does not apply return.
- In this case, the Operator could carry out a contingency plan with an alternative tour.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service in its entirety.
- If you decide to withdraw before the end of the service, there will be no refund for it.
- If you bring or buy snacks during the tours, preferably light (dry fruits, cookies and water).
- If you do not attend the service day, it will be considered as "Done" without any Claims, Delays or Returns.
3d / 2n Aqueduct, Chauchilla and Lines in Nazca - Ica
Activities: Routes in other vehicles, Archaeological visits, Guided visits
2d/0n The Best of Ica (Only Tours) - Ica
Activities: Buggies, off road, Flora, wildlife observation, Sandboarding
Tradition in Ica Sun and Beach - 3d / 2n - Ica
Activities: Buggies, off road, Other drinks tasting, Sandboarding