S/. 25USD 7
Uros Tour Half Day
24 hours antes del viaje
Minimum of Passengers
Uros Tour Half Day
Some totora platforms (titicaca aquatic plant) near the bay of Puno, are the artificial floating islands of the Uros, an ancestral town that lives in small communities in the middle of the "highest navigable lake in the world."
- Uros collect their roots when they come to the surface, in the rainy season, cut large blocks and join them until they form a floating island that can last up to 23 years.
- In each island live between five and seven families that subsist thanks to hunting and fishing, which then sell or change in the market of Puno.
- In addition, they make beautiful and colorful embroidery and totora crafts that they sell to tourists who visit the place.
- Also their homes and some of the boats they use are made of totora, a plant that they also eat and use as medicine.
- The houses, rectangular in shape, are small, one-room dwellings where the whole family sleeps.
- As for the boats, which may even have two floors, they take about six months to build and can be used for about seven years.
- Puno: Pick up from your hotel (downtown)
- For places outside of Puno, an additional payment is applied.
- For hotels: Casa Andina Private Collection, Libertador Lake Titicaca, Posada del Inca and Hotel Jose Antonio, an additional payment is also applied.
Islands of the Uros
- Start: 9:00 am / 12:00 noon / 4:00 pm.
- The floating islands of the Uros is one of the most important tourist destinations offered by Lake Titicaca in the department of Puno.
- If you are in Puno, do not forget to visit them, as it is an opportunity that does not require a lot of time.
- You can appreciate the small totora platforms that stand out between the intense blue of Titicaca and the sky, near the bay of Puno.
- End: 12:00 noon / 3:00 pm / 7:00 pm.
- Transfers and return of the hotel to the port.
- Ticket to the floating islands of the Uros.
- Boat covered by motor.
- Bilingual guide (English / Spanish) certified.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Extra walk in totora raft (optional - S / .10, paid directly).
- Tips for service.
- Guided visits (incluida)
- Cultural visits (incluida)
- Boat rides (incluida)
- It is recommended to carry cash as there are no ATMs on the islands.
- Take into account the weather in the rainy months, since the tour is outdoors (wear waterproof clothing only in that case).
- The tours and tours carried out by this Operator have a low level of risk and difficulty and provide the necessary security.
- Any material loss or accident is the responsibility of the client.
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather conditions (rains, huaycos, overflows, etc.), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the reasons indicated, no refund applies.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service as a whole.
- If you decide to leave before the end of the service, there will be no refund for it.
- If you carry or buy snacks, preferably they are light (dried fruits, cookies and water).
- If you do not attend the day of the service, it will be considered as "Done" with no place for Claims, Postponements or Returns.
S/. 25USD 7